
So about a month ago we got a call that Dukes was on fire. Actually the restaurant downstairs started the fire trapped in a vent from their stove. Anyways, my husband wanted to thank the HB fire crew (Lake St.) for all their work so he planned to bring them dinner. The kids and I stopped by to say hi and ended up hanging out with them for 2 hours. It was AWESOME!! We had dinner with them, they showed us around, Christian and I got to go down the fire pole, they gave my kids hats and stuff animal dogs, we even got to ride in the fire truck. The big one with the driver in the back and the 90 ft ladder. We got to wear the headphones, talk into the microphone to each other and at the very end they put the sirens on for us. It was so cool learning about their different positions, different codes (a call came in while we were eating and some just left their plate right there and took off), how they live while there, cooking schedule, etc... Both my kids want to be firefighters now!!

Having dinner w/ the crew!

Lesson on sliding down pole!

Christian sliding down. My photo was only of my bottom, didn't want to scare all of you!


Driving around downtown!

Christian got to sit shotgun. Brett & I were both jealous!
6 comments:
Wow! That is really cool. Scary that your restaurant was on fire! Glad everything turned out okay.
How much fun! I bet the firefighters were happy to have a nice dinner. Those are memories that Christian and Layne will always remember. What a great time!
Hey Autumn-
I found your blog hopping on some blogs from friend's from high school-- how are you? Your family is beautiful. Kevin said he saw you surfing a few months back in HB. How are your sisters?
Hope all is well!
Kandice (Coye) Davis
Great to hear from you-- so sorry to hear about your father!
Please tell your sisters and your mom I said hello!
That is awesome you guys are very special cause they normally never do that. It looks like so much fun.
i want to be a fire fighter too!
Post a Comment