Monday, December 3, 2007

SANTA CLAUS




So in HB we have the Light a Light of Love Parade every Christmas. This is the 11th one. A parade down Main Street with kids singing, passing out candy canes and painting your nose red to look like Rudolph followed by Santa in a Fire Truck. At the pier kids sit on Santa's lap, there is live music and then at 6:00 the snowflakes light up on the pier. Dukes provides cookies and hot chocolate and the donations go to a Youth Shelter. This is one of the reasons I love HB, things like this make it feel like a small town. You can see Layne is happy and loving Santa as she waves to him while he is on the Fire Truck. As soon as she sits on his lap, it all changes!!! Christian was a good sport of course, what an awesome big bro!

3 comments:

Dixons said...

Those pics of Layne are hilarious! I'm jealous that you went down to the parade....I didn't find out about it until after the fact. Anyway, we missed you Sunday! ;) When do we get to catch up? We'll be out of town this weekend, but maybe when we get back we'll have to get together. Later.....

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures. That parade does look like a lot of fun. We will have to go next year! I think I fixed your link on my blog!!!

fivegirlsandaguy:thesixmcleans said...

I love your tradition with the Christmas parade - it's really special when the community joins together to get ready for the Christmas celebration. Super fun memories!